It (also known as IT and Stephen King's It) is one of the most famous horror stories written by Stephen King, the famous American writer. King began writing it in 1980 and completed it in 1985. The novel was adapted as a TV movie, which was first screened in four parts in 1990, featuring Tim Curry as Pennywise. In 2009, a two-part remake of the TV movie was in development, and in 2017, the film was released.
The book takes place in the town of Derry, Maine. A mysterious monster, known as It, lurks under the town. Many children are killed by it. The killings occur once every thirty years but the monster is never found because adults cannot see it.
However, in 1955, a group of children meet the monster, which usually takes the form of a clown and calls itself Pennywise. The children finally defeat the creature but do not destroy It. Thirty years later, when the children have grown up, It returns for vengeance.
TV show cast
- Pennywise the Dancing Clown - Tim Curry
- Bill Denbrough (young) - Jonathan Brandis
- Bill Denbrough (adult) - Richard Thomas
- Mike Hanlon (young) - Marlon Taylor
- Mike Hanlon (adult) - Tim Reid
- Richie Tozier (young) - Seth Green
- Richie Tozier (adult) - Harry Anderson
- Beverly Marsh (young) - Emily Perkins
- Beverly Marsh (adult) - Annette O'Toole
- Stan Uris (young) - Ben Heller
- Stan Uris (adult) - Richard Masur
- Eddie Kaspbrak (young) - Adam Faraizl
- Eddie Kaspbrak (adult) - Dennis Christopher
- Ben Hanscom (young) - Brandon Crane
- Ben Hascom (adult) - John Ritter
- Henry Bowers (young) - Jarry Blancard
- Henry Bowers (adult) - Micheal Cole
- Belch Huggings - Chris Eastman
- Patrick Hocksetter - Gabe Khouth
- Tom Rogan - Ryan Michael