Meatball mummies are a Halloween appetizer originally conceived by Zach Averett for High Heels & Grills. It is vegan, corn-, dairy-, gluten-, nut- sugar-, and yeast-free, and can optionally be grain-free, as well, and thus can be a great choice.
It has a prep time of only 20 minutes, a cook time of 17 minutes, and serves 28.
To make these mummy-shaped delicious October treats, you will need the following ingredients and supplies:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 tube crescent roll sheet
- 14 oz frozen meatballs
- 4 oz can sliced olives
- Marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. While preheating, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a clean counter, roll out crescent rolls. Cut lengthwise into thin, ¼ inch strips. Next, gently wrap crescent dough around a meat ball and place onto a baking sheet.
- Drain your can of olives.
- Spoon a small amount of marinara sauce onto one side of a sliced olive and stick this side to a meatball to represent an eye. Repeat with another olive for the other eye. Decorate all meatballs.
- Place finished meatballs into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until meatballs are hot and crescent dough has become lightly browned.
- Remove and let cool some. Serve cool with marinara sauce for dipping.