ReDeads (リーデッド Rīdeddo) are the zombified remains of the people of Hyrule. While each has been interred in the soil in a manner considered to be culturally significant to each location they have surfaced in, they have time and again been resurrected, either purposefully or unintentionally, by dark magics to haunt and threaten the living world. Certain ReDeads, specifically those that appear to be from around the Gerudo Desert have been mummified in what is believed to be the custom of the Gerudo, thereby creating Gibdos.
They often possess a terrifying shriek that stops opponents in their tracks in sheer terror as the ReDead continues its approach.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (first appearance)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
- Link's Crossbow Training (non-canonical)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee (non-canonical)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (non-canonical)