Slappy is an evil ventriloquist's dummy who has appeared in many books in the "Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine.
So far, Slappy has appeared in nine books in the series:
- Night of the Living Dummy
- Night of the Living Dummy II
- Night of the Living Dummy III
Goosebumps Series 2000
- Bride of the Living Dummy
- Slappy's Nightmare
- Revenge of the Living Dummy
- Slappy New Year!
Goosebumps Most Wanted
- Son of Slappy
Though Slappy narrates all the books in the series, he's only featured in the story itself in the following books:
- Slappy Birthday to You
- I Am Slappy's Evil Twin
He was confirmed to appear in Goosebumps HorrorLand by R.L. Stine.
- In the film, Slappy is voiced by Jack Black, who also plays R.L. Stine and voices The Invisible Boy in the film.